Sunday, August 30, 2009

Big Week done......

WooHoo!!! I made it through my biggest volume week to date. Over 20 hours and I am still standing and awake, well barely, and that is only because of my darned computer issues. Other than a very hot long run today, the rest of my day has been troubleshooting and struggling with my computer. Corrupted .pst file and it really, really is a challenge. The majority of my work is in that file.....I have it backed up but it's not all that easy to drop it in on top of the corrupted one.

Oh forgot, Riley and I took a late afternoon shopping trip.....mostly to go to places of air conditioning. It is over 90 at our house and this heat wave is miserable.

Saturday did another great ride. Rolled at 6am with JB, J, T and I. The boys stayed with us 2+ hours and the cruised home and we headed into the heat. This ride started East and ended West so as the temperatures climbed we were heading toward the coast. It was almost tolerable on the coast, temperature wise that is, still all the summer crazies driving around. But, alas we had to head back home, into the heat. And the transition run, was so, so hot. Bottom of my feet were burning.

But then, then......the ultimate reward, a dive in the pool, which is 78 and so, so refreshing, No solar in that baby, keep it cool and a treat in this heat. It was heavenly....we laid on the shelf like a couple of resting whales. It was awesome.

The plan was then to meet D/K for Julie and Julia. See I grew up watching Julia Childs', thanks to my Dad. So it seemed appropriate to share the movie watching with them. Well, we go to so few movies, I did not know that the weekend schedule differs from the weekday. So we show up at 3 for a 3:10 movie, which really shows at 4:25 on the weekend. We don't want to wait and decide to go to Inglourious Basterds. What a mistake....I should have know. The last QT move I saw was Pulp Fiction. When JB watched Kill Bill I went to bed. And well, 20 minutes in, I was done- The summary.... " In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis" It was just not my move....so I left. The rest stayed so I went shopping and ended up in Starbucks drinking iced coffee and reading the newspaper. A lovely Saturday afternoon- much better than the movie!

We had a great dinner at D/K's- terrific post ride fueling and pre run. Great food, company and even a bit of wine.

And now.....Mon.Tue recovery and well I think I am going to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment