Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Coffees of Hawaii

So I am hitting my afternoon lull.....run was a bit more than I anticipated this AM, thanks to Johan. It was great to be running but towards the end my body was reminding me I have been sick for nearly 2 weeks. Finished feeling great and absolutely starving....you would think I ran 3 hours. PB honey, still hungry, coffee, let the food settle in. Still hungry, egg whites and salsa + coffee. Still hungry. More coffee, okay to much coffee. Still hungry. Time to go after the fruit....3x bowls of grapes and finally satiated. Full pot of coffee- GONE. But thankfully it was a blend of decaf and regular. It was some of my souvenir coffee from Kona.

Ironically this afternoon I received an email from Coffees of Hawaii... there is the famous coffee boat. Offering me discounted coffee from Kona. I decided no, the next time I will enjoy this wonderful coffee will be the next time I race Kona and will have to swim out for the coffee. The email and picture were enough to pick me up. Okay maybe the FRS did too :)

1 comment:

  1. Aloha Julie,

    You can't punish yourself with no coffee from the islands for a whole year! Try our Moloka'i coffees if you want to wait for Kona until your return.

    We'd love to set you up with our recurring delivery...you're the perfect candidate with your training schedule. Let us do the coffee work for you!

    Albert Boyce
    www.coffeesofhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete