Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Training Peaks update


If you are not a triathlete or you are don't know what Training Peaks is you may want to skip this post....

For those who use TP as a coach or as an athlete... There is a new release that states....

The new data editing capabilities will enable users to: 1) delete segments of data such as warm-ups or cool-downs and erroneously created segments, 2) edit specific points where data spikes have occurred, and 3) drop entire channels like heart rate, power, pace, temperature, and more. Workout totals, average and peak value calculations will adjust automatically after editing, and edited values will be reflected in Training Peaks charts, like the Peak Power and Peak Pace by Distance charts.

OK so blah, blah, blah....but my little twisted mind read it this way (not the red)

The new data editing capabilities will enable users to: 1) delete segments of data such as warm-ups or cool-downs and erroneously created segments, like when you ride 20 watts over what coach says or when you are hammering up a hill because you can and well you just want to  2) edit specific points where data spikes have occurred,when you could not let that guy cruise by and say "nice ride ladies"  and 3) drop entire channels like heart rate, power, pace, temperature, and more. when you kill it on a recovery ride Workout totals, average and peak value calculations will adjust automatically after editing,and your coach will never know  and edited values will be reflected in Training Peaks charts, like the Peak Power and Peak Pace by Distance charts. and when you are flat at a race or have major fatigue it will be baffling since you edited what you did!

Really I am kidding.....come on why pay a coach and lie about what you did.  I believe in full disclosure and then think of really good excuses as to why I went to hard, too long etc.   Never seems I am making excuses for slacking off..... As a coach now I can see through most excuses because I have used most of them - really you went to hard because you are lacking self control.  Been there, done that...in fact I was way over my power guidelines a little aggressive on Saturday and instead of a litany of excuses I gave myself the lecture in training peaks. Coach still chimed it, but I know, I know....

http://blog.trainingpeaks.com/posts/2012/7/9/trainingpeaks-introduces-data-editing-to-the-web.html?utm_source=tp&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=coach_2_july2012

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I thought the same thing when I saw that update!! Crack me up. I think I'd prefer to see all my data in there as it actually got done- editing only in the scenario where I was an idiot and forgot to turn the thing off (which actually happens very rarely I'm kind of a dork about my garmin data being accurate!)

    I think we go too hard in training bc we are lacking self confidence... though that may be another post. ;)

    ReplyDelete