Tuesday, April 8, 2014

TIme away from Triathlon

Mom giving a beautiful tribute to her
husband 
A weekend filled with goodbyes, tears, hugs and laughing....all in honor and memory of my Stepfather Billy.

He was the life of the party, the eternal jokester, making friends with any and everyone and always thinking about golf.

At a beautiful Celebration of Life I met and interacted with over 70 people who loved and cherished him.  He brought a smile to so many....his passion for golf, food and life - a central theme.

I was proud of JD and Riley for speaking about their Papa... and it was a wonderful day.  With family in town we were busy with dinner, brunch, lunch and time being together.  It was what Billy loved- family together having fun.   Nice to have JD home and to spend time with my sis and her family from Boulder.   I even squeezed in a baby shower-  WOW, babies.....seems so long ago.  

With JD home I wanted to do something with JD/RM and me.  So we snuck away to Universal Studios for a day of LA tourism and a fun night in a hotel.  With my adult son and nearly adult daughter....we had fun, Road trip, movie night,  Hollywood Blvd, lots of coffee and fun.    While it was only 48 hours we laughed, talked and enjoyed each other.    

Silly fun in Hollywood
This was a near 4 day break from training after a recovery week... panic I need to be training.   Recovery week is necessary, even after a sub par race, it was still at 5 + hour effort and that requires recovery.   Ez swimming, biking and no running (PF flare up running 13.1 miles on the concrete)  With the help of Dr John I am hoping for some relief.  Come the weekend I knocked out a social ride with Amy, early AM swim Sunday and then 2 days of vacation- lots of walking and no training I an not panicking, it is only 2 days.   


With 2 days off I am emailing coach asking to ride longer tomorrow....

With Wildflower around the corner...time to get back at it. Not to mention I miss my friend.... #chattingonthebike   

I was proud of JD and Riley for speaking about their Papa... and it was a wonderful day.  WIth family in town we were busy with dinner, brunch, lunch and time being together.  It was what Billy loved- family together having fun.   Nice o


No comments:

Post a Comment