Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ironman Arizona

So I am here in Tempe which is a very cool, hip, fun college town.... Hotel is walking distance to the Ironman Village which is great.  I dropped my bags and met up with Frank from NY and went to register.

The village is at a very cool park on the Town Lake, spacious and efficient process but I have to say there was no Ironman energy.  It was the most underwhelming check in I have ever had.  The expo is reasonably small and maybe because it is Thursday and so many people are driving or because it is so spread out, it was just....just that. 

Maybe it's me I don't know...I am usually excited, nervous etc and well I was just...

As I was walking back to the hotel I spotted MoJo Fro Yo and could not resist...not really a great pre IM lunch but they had all natural FroYo sweetened with Agave so I said that was perfect!  Active cultures and fresh fruit so it was just fine.  And then I passed Dunkin Donuts and I love, loved their iced coffee- so well perfect add on to a lunch of champions!

So there you have it update from Tempe. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been to Tempe 4 times during IMAZ and yeah, the expo is pretty lame. But I think they all are outside of Kona (and a couple other major marathons).

    Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete