Thursday, May 21, 2009

Family....feeling better...Life is good

High School lacrosse is over...after a game Friday, Monday and Tuesday the season is done. As much as JD loves it, I think he is a bit relieved to have some of his time back. With practices 6 days a week for 2.5 hours, it is busy, busy. And with games 2-3 times a week, 6-7:30 it wrecks havoc on our family life. Riley's season just ended as well and although JD still has soccer 2x a week, we have less chaos in our life. Last night was the first time, in well could not tell you, that the 4 of us sat down for a family dinner. How nice for us all to eat together, I miss that time together.

After my wave of fatigue I am feeling better, thanks to a few 10 hour nights, a 90 minute massage and a bit of easy training. Went for a 90 minute run today that turned into a 1:40 run and it was great. I have been wanting to run up Black Mtn again but have just not done it, so today, since I woke up feeling great decided to head out that way, well after the 20 minute run with the pups. As I approached the trail up I was 50 min in and was feeling good so headed up towards the summit. Ahead I saw a small group 4-5 runners and immediately pondered chasing them down. On a bike, would have done in a heartbeat, but 1- my running is not as good as my cycling and 2- this was not a speed workout up Black Mtn. So I kept my pace but of course had my eye on the group and realized soon enough I was gaining on them. With about .5 miles to the top I pick up the pace and pass them and as I am catching up I realize they are the local Firefighters from the station near my house. Now that was an ego boost, running by the firemen, "hey guys." Then, much like when you pass a group cycling you have to keep up the pace so as not to appear that you pushed the pace to catch them, even if you did. So there I was running faster than intended to the top. Gasping for air, well after looking back to make sure they were not on my heels, I downed the rest of my drink and began the descent down. Oh such fun! Although I am paying the price now, have had to roll around ont the floor with the quad torture roller a few times. Mind you I have a long weekend of training coming up.

Work is busy! Hooray!!!! What recession? My clients are booking meetings and I am busy, busy. Have to actually work hard when I am not training. Such a beautiful thing after the past 6 months of inactivity. Looks like I have to squeeze in a quick trip to Denver before IM, but will just be one day and I am not taking the usual crazy early fight, so it should not be too draining. May have another trip for some site inspections but its all good.

Summer is coming I can feel it! Weather is warming up, pool is 88 degrees and the dogs are panting all day long. Lovin wearing flips all day and shorts. I know, soon I'll be complaining about the heat, but for now it is moderate and it feels good. The sun is tough on these long rides though, even with 50+ sunblock I get tan lines. It is impossible to get in over 5 hours of riding before the sun comes up. And no matter which sunscreen I use, still have lines to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment