Monday, September 2, 2013

If life was easy.......


If life was easy it wouldn't be worth living, that is why we have obstacles we over come and friends to help so we won't have to do it alone.

And why I feel like this sometimes......

Not to be all doom and gloom......I feel like I am on a good path and then whamo....steamroller.  Argh!  As I continue my "focus on the family" I am having some great times..random training.  

Knee is better..... took 3 days OFF all bike and run.  So that is good....did a few nice rides and some good running. CrossFit 3x a week and loving the challenge.  Coupling box jumps and running + 47years old.  I thought i landed wrong and bruised my heel.  So favored it a bit and did not think twice.  Ran Friday and noticed it a bit but again what a dummy I am figured I landed wrong.  Sunday, sore from riding Saturday and 2 days post CF really sore, headed out early (since it is 100 degrees with 70% humidity) and headed to PQ Canyon with Mako.   Since there is water in the Canyon I figured that would be good.  Run was fricking hard..... the heat had my HR high from the get go, pace was low and legs were heavy.  I was wearing brand undisclosed  trail shoes with little arch support and well.... my heel was screaming painful by the time I finished.  

Straussburg sock
I  googled heel pain and running went for a professional opinion and duh....the dreaded Plantar Fasciitis came up .  Noooooooo - the one injury I have avoided.  Argh.... So I am 1- not running. 2- rolling my arch + heel on a frozen water bottle. 3- no more flip flops and wearing shoes in the house.  4- rolling on a lacrosse ball under my desk and 5 -yes bought the dreaded Strasbourg sock  6- booked an ART appt 7- booked an Acupuncture appt
Can you say "all over this injury"  

So time will tell.... I don't want to deal with this for any amount of time.

Fun stuff this weekend..... Battle at the Barracks  Local CrossFit  competition.  All I can say is WOW!!! Amazing strength, agility and strong men and women.  It was over 100 degrees and each person did 3 killer WOD's- amazing-  I was in awe.  The energy was so good and it was inspiring.  Not sure I can see myself competing but well.....who knows.

Lunch on Sunday with my long lost buddy and rocking pro triathlete Beth - so good to catch up ..... good stuff, good fun and good food  :)  

BBQ at Maureen's on Sunday night- eating and drinking is what long weekends are about - yes? 

Monday was Team WOD at the box.  OMG what fun... 6 teams of 8 and we had 4 WOD's- 5 people compete in each WOD.  
1- max snatch ( my weight was the lowest) we all did this WOD
2- 12 min AMRAP ( as many reps as possible 400m run + burpees.  I did the running oops maybe not the best for my PF - dumb Julie- but I iced right after) 
3 - Clean and Jerks + Double Unders  I cannot link my DU's and Clean and Jerk is no go 
our team rocked here and I kept score- impressive
4 - max row + Cindy (5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats) AMRAP
After #4 we were in the lead!!!

Final round was a sprint relay...argh...4th place and we dropped to 2nd overall.
This was SO fun!! Freaking painful, hot and hard but fun, fun!  The energy is great and it makes suffering "fun and easy"  

I love  

No comments:

Post a Comment