Monday, September 16, 2013

Selling the story....


My day could be recapped..... less than 5 hours sleep, unable to run and cranky about it, struggled through a bike ride that should not have been that hard, challenging work situation, tough afternoon with personal issues, faced a difficult conversation this evening, smelly dog with an infection that needed to have is privates flushed and a belly ache ....

Instead I am choosing this..... long walk with the dogs on a cool, foggy morning. Enjoyed the reprieve form the heat and the chill in the air.  Zen is acclimating to the giant eCollar and rolled in the cool grass while Mako relished the cool dawn air and sprinted for 20+ minutes after his ball.  We all walked home happy.  I am able to ride without pain in my knee and while my fitness is lacking I shared 2+ hours with a good friend and appreciate my flexible work schedule.  I am employed and making money- it's not always easy but it is work so why should it be.  I work from home, set my own hours and get to ride my bike some mornings.  I am blessed with 2 kids and a supportive husband- life has ups and downs.  Relish the ups and work through the downs.  Zen smells but he is getting better and once this is over I will bleach the entire house of his infectious smell.  But his tail is wagging and he is a good dog.  My belly may ache but it is filled  with organic healthy good and I am fortunate for that....

So there you have it!  Life is good- really it it.

Regarding my Vegan diet..... I like what my sister-in-law said  "Vegan until 6:00pm" ...That I can live with. Almond milk in my coffee is okay, steel cut oats and berries for breakfast,
kale/tomatoes/avocado salad + sweet potato chips for lunch, grapes and almonds for snack....then dinner- organic tomatoes, basil, EVO, balsamic vinegar and then I fell off the vegan truck with feta cheese on the top of the salad - could not resist.... Avocado and chips for dessert + dark chocolate (vegan) and a bit of chardonnay (wine is vegan)  So vegetarian..but not vegan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment