Thursday, June 11, 2020

Where is the bubble wrap

FFFing
I am not a land animal, I belong in the water! 

There is a reason I was a swimmer.  I am not a Dr, nor do I play one on TV, but fuck even I can see that toe is not right.

When the radiologist says, Shit.
The Dr. I coach says, not good.
The Podiatrist says, "That's a significant toe fracture. Into the joint and displaced. "

So my question of "can I run on it?" I kept to myself. 

How did I do this traumatic injury?  Ready for this epic tale. I was doing my morning mobility, which starts with legs swings at my son's house, so in an unfamiliar kitchen. I did not realize there was a freezer door handle behind me.  On a full force leg swing, I collided with the door handle for a blinding pain kind of connection.  Yes, I broke my toe badly do mobility, FFS being a GOOD athlete! Just cover me in bubble wrap me and keep me in the water. Although I must confess, I did break my foot doing a flip turn in college, so even swimming, I break bones.

I shook it off and went running.   After being on it all day, I removed my shoe to find this.    Not a good look.   

So, now what....  starting with a glass bottle of wine!

Email exchange with Coach and time to refocus... let the 4/4/48 run challenge go, Everesting again?  Suddenly seems like a great idea, LOL,  #DIYGravel- sure why not.  ANYONE riding bikes, please hit me up!

And why not swim 10K in the Carlsbad Lagoon on Sunday AM because Hillary is nuts and it's her birthday.

I really have no words... well I do "at least there are not any races." 

So the adventures continue... Can I say FUCK me, one more time?

No comments:

Post a Comment