Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sooo behind...ready, let's catch up!

So we left off in Croatia.... here is the speed blog.  I have started 5+ blogs and finished zero....

Brandenburg Gate
Here  we go! 

 Berlin...awesome to see my sister and family, froze my toosh off and did the tour of Berlin Dr's 1: podiatrist who gave me drugs (nothing performance enhancing) and did little else and 2: Sports Med Ortho/Podiatrist who charged me so many Euro I am embarrassed to post and "sold" me a walking boot, which was mandatory as I could not walk without searing pain.  Diagnosis "stress reaction or stress fracture", bottom line wear the boot and avoid pain.  Went to the Reichstag, Parliament Building, for a stunning view and a nice breakfast.  Audio tour and a great overview of the city, history and all the Embassy's.  On our rented cruisers in 30 degrees we toured the city, Brandenburg gate, Check Point Charlie, Tiergarten and more.  If I had been warmer and not in a boot surely would have seen more.  The rest of the trip was hanging with my sister, Hunger Games at the Sony Center and a few cups of Gluevine. 
Reishtag

Train to Prague included too much wine and not enough food...we had great Air BnB in Old Town and now my 6th accommodation on this trip.  This was an apartment and it was nice to have some space and a kitchen. Prague is stunningly beautiful, cold of course and smoky.  Old Town is the medieval settlement.  We did the Prague Castle, Astronomical Clock, Old Town Square, Charles Bridge and Tyn Church.  We tried to find coffee places that were not engulfed in smoke, smoking still allowed inside, and it was nearly impossible until we caved and went to Starbucks.  Such a treat to have soy milk, coconut was a stretch, and coffee that was not bitter.  I know we are so "American" Thanksgiving was at a great Vegetarian restaurant and my first real salad in 2 weeks followed by card games and nice night inside.
Random shark in Old Town Prague



amazing pastries cooked open fire and stuffed with cream/chocolate 


Astronomical Clock 

Tyr Cathedral 



Great week with my sis and family and a lot of history and great blogging but not by me.

Plane ride home…… yeah John, Roo and Mako!


There you have it…. Last 7 days in Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment