Saturday, November 3, 2012

Last week of October is BAD for me....

3 years running....the last week in October has brought problem to me. 2009 Oct 26 wrestling with Zen I fractured my pink in 2 places.  2010 I dropped a plate and sliced open my ankle - read here for the gory details  - geyser of blood and cut down to the fascia.  8 stitches and I would down for a while. 2011 post Kona I am committed to getting strong so I am hitting the gym and whamo dropped the weight on my foot- gory details- broken toes and I am down for a while.  So....end of October I need to be bubble wrapped.... what happened in 2012 - yes that is 1/2 of a bike sort of....

NO I was not riding it!  I was having a really bad day.... already drove to Nytro to have them fix some ting and was nearly home with Quarq finally got back to me and said just send in the power meter for us to fix, So I went back to Nytro had them take it off (thank you !! ) and as I was strapping my bike on the car I was on a really frustrating phone call.... major sh*t storm at work and this was going on all day...so I was distracted and emotional- bad combo.  The bike went on the car the opposite way I usually put it on which meant one less strap... not a big deal- as I am biting my gums to keep my cool on my phone call.  And off I go ....somewhere on the 56 I glance in the mirror to see the bike flying backward and I nearly scream.  I promptly end the call which I should have ended 10 minutes ago and tried to decide what to do...slamming on my breaks was not an option so I am slowing down and then I see front of the bike slide off the rack- 1 small strap is holding my bike on the car and then like plastic bag flying out the window it is gone....slides on the freeway.  I pull over and start to panic.... 5 or 6 cars go around it and then the truck tags it and now my front wheel and cranks are gone.... then a lady runs over the front end and wow....carbon is not all that strong.

Blah........ so- no one was hurt! GOOD  Homeowners insurance should cover it.... claim filed and am now waiting.  ARGH!

Good thing I am doing a run/swim block-  and look what happened today and it is not even October...
There is a good reason I was a swimmer....I am a total clutz... I slid on the gravel at the top of a hill running with John and Mako. NO the dog did not trip me- I did this all on my own

No comments:

Post a Comment