Saturday, November 17, 2012

100 x 100's

Did the entire set....Pretty sure the last time I did that was 25 years ago in college. We will not discuss the variance in interval but just know that I was much slower now.  And the interval chosen is fast for me to begin with!

So I was the oldest and slowest of the group BUT I did it.  Here we are - the 9 of us. Why? Tim Hinds and Christine Gould do this on their respective birthdays- yesterday was Tom's.

We met at 5 and I was happy to learn I was not the only nervous one :)  I woke up every few hours worried about oversleeping and worried about...well swimming 10,000 yards.

5:15 and we started with 10 @ 1:30- no worries, I was going last and drafting as much as possible.  Then the fun started 4 sets of 20 @ 1:20-  1:20 is my base and I can barely make that. These peeps all swim on a 1:15 (or faster I suspect) so I had my work cut out for me.

1st 10 were cruisy. 1st set of 20 doable.  2nd set of 20 turned into a continuous swim for me.  Paddles on and the next 2 sets of 20 were fine.  By around 85 my arms were very heavy....last 10 @ 1:30 and the last one was "legit fly"  I went for the distance per stroke method and survived! 

It was fun, rewarding and I would do it again :) Maybe in December..... we will see

No comments:

Post a Comment