Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tis the season....


Okay so not a lot going on...well none really in the swimming.biking.running world of mine- not yet anyway.  Well okay I dusted off the bike for a ride on Friday and another ride Saturday with John.  No computer, no power meter just the road bike and getting the legs working again.   Foot is too sore to run and I still don't want to swim.

My big news is that I am racing for a super cool team next year!  Nytro Women's Team.  I am flattered to be on a team with such talented and very cool women.   More to come on that....but one of our sponsors is Rehab United and I had the chance to "expedience" my first class.  All I can say is that the Functional Tri Strength class thoroughly kicked my ass.  I was laying face down on the AstroTurf wanting it to end...but loving it as well.  #1: I am wickedly uncoordinated so 1/2 the exercise are a challenge to just complete, let alone with weights and building strength #2: my core is so weak and #3 I am weak.  I was 30 minutes in the class wondering how the hell I can complete an Ironman when this class was doing me in.  Bryan Hill is terrific and was sooooo patient and kept most of his laughing to himself.  Right...the squats with weights on the Bosu Balance Trainer.  Except the bosu was flipped over and I was doing squats. Actually it took me 3 times to stand on the dang thing
and then I had to do squats.  Forget the weights I could not reach down and pick them up for fear of falling off again. OMG I was laughing so hard and crying at the same time.  They all promised me I will get better.    And the other ones were just as crazy....I am going to love this class and can only see improvement but clearly will not be the example for any exercise.

So 4 days later and I am still sore....hope I can make it through the class tomorrow.  Looking forward to riding a bit and hopefully running soon...when my foot heals up!

Rest of life is hectic..working, planning for a trip and dealing with JDs car accident!  That's right, less than 6 weeks and whamo.  Thankfully no one was hurt but it will cost him for sure.  He will be walking to school for a week, take a bit of time to reflect on what happened. He was late for school and backed out without looking...considering we live near a school and kids are walking to school he is dang lucky he did not hit a kid or injure someone.  We are waiting for the estimate of damages to the car he hit and then he will have to pay for it.  Good thing he has a job!  Not his week....poor kids had a few other issues and by Friday my heart was breaking for him.   He will grow from this, learn a few lessons and come out stronger but mom does not like to see their kids hurting.



Kicked off the season last night with some good friends, food and beverages at the Dunkle Casa.  I made a huge batch of Coquito and it was a hit....empty pitcher when I went back for more.  Coquito is an eggnog-like alcoholic beverage traditionally served in Puerto Rico. It is made with egg yolks, rum, coconut milk, coconut water, sweet condensed milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. The drink is commonly associated with the Christmas holidays, where it is traditionally served along with other holiday food.  It was sooooo good but dangerous and probably okay to only have had one glass.  So good to see everyone in real clothes (versus spandex and helmets) and to chill out, not stress about an early ride or run and be real people!
Riley is terrific....a bit bummed she is hoofin it to school again but c'est la vie.  She is happy to be playing lacrosse again and we spent a sensational Sunday in Coronado.  Good friends, lacrosse, a bit of sunshine and all is well.   




No comments:

Post a Comment