Friday, February 19, 2010

Zen will not be injured.....

If only us triathletes could or would listen to our body like Zen. He is jumping and eager to go at 5am or whenever he hears a russel from the covers. Tongue out, tail wagging "I'm ready to go, I'm ready to go"

And he takes off full sprint on the run...no warming up, sometimes a quick stretch when I put his collar on. He is fully engaged and running for 20 minutes and then starts to bonk, die, slow down.....I would love to put a Garmin on him. Mile 1: 5:30 Mile 2: 7:30 Mile 3 9:30 Mile 4: garmin stops because he sits down.

Tried today to push him to 35 minutes....at the point where we add on, he sits and waits. Not moving, not going that way, no thank you! He will sit for as long as it takes me to come back or even do a hill repeat. Now Rocky would have run , and did at time, himself into the ground just to stay with me.

Not Zen....the so call unconditional love, definitely has conditions with this dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment