Friday, April 5, 2024

Oceanside 70.3 #14

Tomorrow is my 14th Ironman Oceanside 70.3!

Throughout the years, I've raced with varying levels of fitness. This year, I am in good shape for swim and bike, but the run has proven more challenging than anticipated. My progress was notably hindered by a fracture last year, making my comeback to running both humbling and gradual. When asked if I'm ready, yes, I'm as prepared as possible under the circumstances.


Borrowing a term from a friend, I'd describe my current state as curious, lets see what happens!. It feels like I've been cramming for the run, wishing for just a few more weeks. I plan to swim and bike as I've always done and run to the best of my ability. I've adjusted my expectations to be more realistic.

Having not raced since last May, my excitement to race again is through the roof! I'm thankful for the ability to run and stand at the starting line again. I'm ready to endure whatever comes my way and to welcome the challenge with open arms. I will do my best to smile and thank the volunteers!

Lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment