Friday, May 5, 2023

Why Not?

 


Ah, the Ironman St. George 70.3 - a race that captures the heart and torments the mind. Why hadn't I signed up yet? Perhaps it was the imminent 70.3 in two weeks or the bike races I was jumping in; regardless, I couldn't resist stalking the race registration page like a lovesick teenager.

Lo and behold, it was still open. Time to consult the all-knowing Coach: "Good idea or bad idea?" Naturally, it was a brilliant idea. Signed up! I snagged a sweet deal on a Days Inn room. How bad could it be?

As fate would have it, I never got to find out. You see, I booked the room in South Carolina, not St. George. Rookie mistake, as if I have zero experience in the world of hotels. . After some tense negotiations with a bewildered check-in clerk, a few phone calls, and a wild goose chase, I landed myself in a charming little abode that could only be described as a dump.

But I digress - back to the race! Having completed Oceanside 70.3  just four weeks prior, all my gear was ready for action. And why not try a new hydration product that arrived Thursday? What could possibly go wrong? ๐Ÿคฎ

๐ŸŠ‍♀️Swim- out hard, shorten my stroke, and deal with the chop; this is my jam. 
๐ŸšตBike – Ride 80-82%  for the entire ride 
Strong on the hills, may push it a  go a bit harder, I think my fitness is there 
๐Ÿƒ‍♀️Run – DO NOT run the first loop too hard; ease up the hill and settle into a solid pace, have fun!  Finish strong and fast 
 
๐ŸŒ๐Ÿฅ›Fueling-   risky I know, but trying a new drink mix.  Styrkr – 90g per bottle- 
๐Ÿšต‍♀️Bike: 2x bottles with 90g CHO of Strykr – + 1 bottle Gatorade = 224gCHO for 81g/hour 
๐Ÿƒ‍♀️Run:  PH 90G gel- finish that in 90 min and finish on Coke

The bonus

is I get to race with my athlete Sheila and my Coach!  It's all about the community. 

Competition? no clue- I have not looked  

No comments:

Post a Comment