Sunday, April 5, 2020

Where are you on this grid?

I received this a few days ago, and it has been resonating with me.   It's an interesting graphic and one we can all relate to right now.

Fear Zone- this hit all of us at different times, in different ways.  As you recall, mine culminated in chardonnay and purple hair, others in their own creative melt down's.   I can say I never hoarded or complained all the time, but I surely did transmit fear and anger to my husband.  I was guilty of forwarding as well.

Learning Zone-  I feel like most of us are hanging out in this zone right now, and it's not the wrong place to be.   I am in between Learning and Growth.      Friday, I felt like I was in the growth zone and killing it and then one minor issue and whamo I am thrown back into fear zone.  So it's a ping pong effect.     

Looking at  " I practice calmness, patience, relationships, and creativity,"  Well shit, let's be honest. I did not hang out there much before COVID19, so to ask that now? 

I made this graphic my screen saver, "nerd alert," so I see if every morning and try to start my day and hang out in the growth zone as much as possible.  When I get sucked back, I also realize this is temporary, and I will claw my way out of the fear zone.

Where are you?  Also, what if you are in the growth zone and your partner is in the fear zone?  asking for a friend, I think we are all moving in and out of zones, but let's keep working to keep learning and growing.

I took a break from my daily NPR and NY Times Podcasts, just too much right now.   Last night I listened to Brene Brown's latest pod,  Anxiety/Calm- Over/Under Functioning.  It's a good one!  Finding ways to stay positive, look forward are part of self-care!

And keep the humor coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment