Thursday, January 29, 2009

Great Western Loop

Awesome, awesome ride today! 3 hours and over 5000 ft of climbing. Great Western Loop is like a drug for me. Love the roads out there and it is so, spectacularly beautifully. Jen and I headed out at 8:30 and it was chilly- arm/leg warmers and full gloves. As we climbed it was getting warm and the sun was beating down on us. I felt great today, legs strong, bike newly tuned up so it was smooth and with the new chain it was nice. Jen rocked the Carlsbad 1/2 so she was felling it big time by the time we reached Fire truck Hill but she hung like a trooper. Screaming down the descent and I just had to add a bit so I went back up Jamul Drive, steep going up but great to get the extra mileage. My husband asks...why drive 40 minutes to ride when we live where we do. 1- 3 hour ride, stopped once at the light at the finish, continuous riding is hard to beat. Very little traffic and the views are spectacular. To be so close yet feel like we are riding out in the country.Starbucks at the finish and life is good. I started dreaming about the Iced Mocha on that last climb and enjoyed it on the way home.Life is good......and that is all for today. Well, other than work, life and other responsibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment