Saturday, February 23, 2008

Epic Ride


Email comes in from KP, my coach......

Inviting me to join him on a ride and here is what it says " I am looking to do my favorite epic San Diego ride Saturday. It's a long tough day. 110 miles, 10,000 feet of climbing and will really put us to the test. I can tell you, no women you compete against in your age group will have done such a ride. And very few PROS will have done such a ride.

I am in!!!!! We left at 8am, from Bear Valley off 15 and rode out past Wild Animal Park, Bandy Canyon and up to Ramona from the other side. Then out to Dudley's, turn left on 79, veer right at Lake Henshaw and go out to S2; go right to Anzo Borrego desert floor, over to 78, go right up Banner Grade to Julian, down from Julian to Santa Ysabel, to Ramona, through Ramona to Highland Valley. Up then down Highland Valley to 15, north to the start.

What a day!!! First time riding over 100 miles and it was epic. Great day- it is all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment