Sunday, February 2, 2014

Teeing off on the 19th hole....

This week was a tough one...saying goodbye to my Step Father Billy.  He succumbed to Parkinson's on Thursday.  His passing was not a surprise and in many ways a blessing, He was the shell of the man he once was, cared for by others and with little dignity. So it was time....nevertheless death leaves one feeling sad and empty. 

I struggle to remember and try to  focus on the charismatic, gregarious, life of the party that I loved for so many years.  He married my mom when I was 22 so not so much a father to me but my mothers beloved husband and a giving, caring Papa to my kids.  He loved them both with all his heart, and it was a huge heart,  Sarcasm was his native tongue.  

He made friends wherever he went..... touched so many over the years.   I am thankful is is at peace and hope that if there indeed is a heaven he is teeing off with the sun at his back and shooting for a hole in one.  

"A passion, an obsession, a romance, a nice acquaintanceship with trees, sand and water."  Golf,,,while I never got it, BIlly lived it, loved it and will be among the greens for eternity.  Here's to you Billy!   With all my love.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment