Friday, May 23, 2014

Ironside Fish and Oyster- Mothers Day

New spot on India Street and I highly recommend!!! 

We opted for a noon brunch so I could get my bike an run in  everyone could have a relaxing morning.  They opened about a month ago and Riley spied the place when she was at Art Walk.

The décor is amazing…the pictures really do not do it justice.  Open, airy, succulents, carved piranha heads, levered glass and fun.  Copper tables, groovy leather chairs and not a place for a vegetarian or if you are looking for a big steak, thus the name “fish and oyster”  Riley was able to modify a great breakfast sandwich sans Canadian Bacon (which we took home for Mako) and she was happy.








5 Fresh Oysters on Sunday and opted for a sampling and then I went for the mussels.  Plump, juicy in coconut spicy broth.  Delicious.   I really want to return for happy hour or evening….great wine list and 8 beers on tap (one being a Coconut Porter which was calling my name)


Reasonably priced and top quality food!  Offered dessert and the menu did not jump out as us so we passed. He then delivered (on the house) 2 large, warm cookies. The chocolate chip hit me in the weak spot- A fresh warm cookie is my number one weakness when it comes to dessert.  I passed on the chocolate oatmeal but devoured the easy 600+ calorie cookie.  Glad I skipped the bread with the mussels. 

A perfect day with Riley and Mom!   I am blessed 

No comments:

Post a Comment