Friday, April 15, 2016

More complaining....if you dont want to read about Poison Oak skip this blog

Believe me I too wish Poison Oak was still not prevalent enough to blog about!   So here we are 10 days past the initial PO breakout. So far I have:
AND NONE OF THEM WORK!!


  • 2 Steroid shots ($35 co pay- nicely waived it the 2nd time)
  • Zanfel x 2 ( $82.00)
  • Zantec ($18) (aka the roofie- non drowsy my arse- 30 min and I am out cold for 15 min- just ask the guys at the audi dealership) 
  • Dombero Powder ($8)
  • Benadryl ($7)
  • $40 random other shit that anyone mentioned may work... oh yes, sassafras tea, Jim Humbles Miracle Mineral Solution - newsflash there was no miracle.  Infusion of nettle and horsetail tea- I am serious.  Don't judge until you up from 2-4am itching away and reading on google. The rest I refuse to publish. 
And I am still itching.... so bottom like, it is systemic in my body,  What the F does that mean? 
Systemic poison oak is an extreme allergic reaction to the urushiol oil found in a poison ivy plant. Unlike a typical reaction to poison oak, which causes a localized rash to appear on the skin where contact took place, a systemic reaction is one that is not isolated to one area. These rashes may spread all over the body, including to areas that had no direct contact with the plant. This condition can be life-threatening, but there are treatments available.  ok so not life threatening but really, really annoying! 

No wonder I am freaking dying  really itchy, still after 10 days.  Is is getting better, yes it is, is it gone NO. How much longer... likely another 10 days.  So until then the bedtime routine some weird voodoo shit , wine and benadryl. I know bad combination but well - don't judge! But funny when I type in googe benadryl and wine it auto fills "is this dangerous", "side effects" So clearly I am NOT the first. 

Oh and BTW I am heading up to Perris- not the E and 2x R- as in Perris off the I15 and not in Europe for an Olympic Distance Race. Rolling out of here at 4:30- not a problem the drugs wear off around 3 so I am awake.   Racing Oceanside with a Sinus Infection worked out ok so let's try a shorter race with PO.  I tapered all week with hill repeats on Tue, killer trainer session and then a cruisy ride yesterday up Mt Palomar.  So tired legs- yes.  My biggest issue is I cannot take an antihistamine or I will fall asleep and crash driving there or could fall asleep in transition. So maybe I take on post race, take a nap and drive home... will see how that works out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment