|amazing inside and out|
|my kind of tree house|
The driver did a 2nd glance when we loaded in the Battlestar ( we had recovery rolling to do)
We changed and headed to a delicious dinner with more amazing views .... truly stunning and promptly went to bed.
Our Tuesday was so productive....
slept in, went for a "run", breakfast, nap, walk, nap, massage, dinner... it was about as ideal as we could hope for. I had enough sun at Vineman and John was engrossed in a book so we did not partake in much.
Truly it was a 100% vacation day.
We rolled out in the dark, so sad to miss breakfast and a few more hours of
Reality hit about LA when my email was blowing up and I knew it was all coming to end.
After the homecoming of the century from Roo and Mako and a few tail wags from Zen it was game on. Unpack, walk dogs, shower and put on real clothes for a 4pm meeting and dinner with a client.
Option is a laborious process on their own by sending out the RFP (request for proposal) to each hotel, following up for a reply, compiling responses, setting up visits to the hotel and then negotiating the contract. This process is time consuming and the only leverage they have to negotiate is X companies business.
Working with me at HPN Global. 1 phone call and I send out the RFP electronically via our proprietary web based RFP sysetm to 1,5 or 20 hotels. I collect the replies in 24-48 hours, compile in an excel spread sheet that gives details on rates/dates/addional costs for each hotel. Wait it gets better....if you need sites set up - I set up the entire trip once you give me your dates-- including transfers,meals etc. Post sites we work together to negotiate the contract. Using pre- negotiated contracts we save time and money and I leverage the $100+ miillion HPN Global does in revenue to save the client money. I work on behalf of the client. Its a great parnership and a win-win for all. Payment? Hotels pay a commission on room revenue so not cost to my clients. And a question I frequently get is "don't the hotels raise room rates to cover commission?" Absolutely not. We represent too much business for them to risk alienating a company like ours. I can guarantee you 90% of the time I can negotiate a better rate than my clients can on their own. And for the other 10% I will guarantee the same rate they can get on their, but they still have save 10X hours in the process. And generally I can get more concessions. It really is a win- win !
So with that.... you know what I do with my other time.
Wednesday night was back to reality and Thursday was more time with my client.
Friday I jumped on a red-eye ( bad decision) to DC to help another client. Oh boy..... 5 hour flight means 3 hours sleep and arrived in DC and ready to work at 7am. It was a 12 + hour day on my feet helping with a clients meeting- working registration, running errands etc. The highlight of the trip was escorting one of the key note speakers- George Takei over from his hotel. He was so friendly and chatty.
I collapsed at 7:30 and woke up still exhausted at 6am for another 12 hour day. But my clients were putting in 15+ hour days for 5 days running. I don't know how they do it and I have the utmost respect for their efforts. While tiring it was extremely productive. Seeing the meeting in action allows me to do more pre-screening for the next one! It's all good.
I did not train 1 minute over the weekend, my feet are swollen and I am tired...
Life happens, as I tell my athletes. Today is a wash as well- up at 4:30, delayed flight that is now being diverted to LA due to fog, so no idea when we will land in SD.
I truly enjoy my job....just sometimes it is overwhelming!