Thursday, June 13, 2013

Crossfit and Endurance Training

I have been blogging a lot about my CF adventure and I have more…I love it and plan to continue but do believe there is a way to modify it for endurance athletes.  Brian McKenzie started Crossfit Endurance; he wrote a book and has a dedicated website.  I have the book and refer to the site where there programming but frankly doing a WOD (workout of the day) alone does not cut it.  CF is so awesome because it is coached and there is camaraderie from the other Crossfiters- we encourage, nudge and have fun suffering together.  There are a few CF Endurance programs in SD but from what I have seen maybe it is one workout per week or in some cases nothing looks different than standard CF.  

I am seriously pondering attending a CF Endurance Seminar.  1- become a certified CF Coach and 2- learn more about the Endurance component and how it  can be effectively integrated in to endurance sports.  Although I have just learned to be a level 1CF Certified Coach is $1000! Yikes...I may do the CF Endurance Certificate program first..and then go from there. 

I still have a lot to learn so I am not sure of the timing…but my vision is creating a CF Endurance program in SD that is 3 days a week and is focused on CF + swim.bike.run.  More to come as I figure this out…but I fairly sure there would be big demand. 

Strength training is the main missing component from my Triathletes training….Either it is just not fun or we are too tired from S,B,R and it is the first workout to go.  So finding a way to integrally make it part of the program maybe the way to keep it as a foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment