Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Travel

To say I travel a lot would be a lie....to say I traveled a lot the last 3 weeks would be the truth!  4 cites in 3 weeks.... 6+ airplanes, 3 rental cars, shuttles and town cars, 5 hotels and lots of good food.   This was work travel and I worked it out as best I could to fall during a convenient time for me!  No family conflicts, no Ironman training so it was all good.  And I am done, well as far as I know for a few months.
I hope we can survive
The next travel on deck is all for fun...... Kids and I are Cancun bound on Monday!   The kids and I went to Puerto Vallarta 5+ years ago and it was a great trip.  I love John and we love traveling as a family but Mom and kids time is important as well.  I have "needed" to go to Cancun for a long time....in all actuality I really do.  I have booked a number of clients there and have no clue how Cancun is set up, what any of the hotels are like etc....and well knowledge is an important factor in my job.  I was invited on a "fam" - familiarization trip to Cancun.  A fam trip is when hotels or a destination flies you there at their cost for a few days to experience what they have to offer.  6+ years ago when I was new to the business I loved such trips...now they are time away from my family, a lot of walking (running I can do- but walking) to see multiple hotels and venues each day etc- there is always stellar food and beverages but it is work after all.  Surely when it comes work- this is not really work, but to me it is.  So back to my story... I decided I would go on the fam trip but then had a better idea- skip the fam trip, pay our own way and have some serious RnR with the kids.

They get out of school on Thursday and we are heading out Monday!  3 days in Cancun and 3 in Cozumel for some scuba diving!!  Between now and then they have 2 finals to take, last day of school fun to include R hanging with a friend and JD golfing, Friday JD working and Riley at a party and me at the Cove...followed by too graduation parties on Saturday and Sunday!

Few ride....going back for more fun on Saturday in Rainbow and Sunday remains to be seen...

No comments:

Post a Comment