Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Random thoughts...

Rocky is home and actually looks pretty good considering they cut a rectangle out of his lower eye lid. Maybe all that hair is helpfull for concealing wounds, scars..... and wrinkles. That's why dogs don't get skin cancer and have shriveled up skin- all that hair. Not sure I can pull that off... extensive facial hair is very cute on a lab, not so much on a 42 yr old female.

Poor guy is clunking around in his cone collar...but never ceases to amaze me how he can sleep without an issue. Snoring away with his collar smashed on the floor. Lucky for him..

Now if only raising kids were as easy as dogs.....very tough week on the teenage front here. Miserable day yesterday, so very trying for both of us. I remember my mother saying, when she was punishing me as a child, "this is harder on me than it is on you." While I am not sure it was any harder, I can say from experience it is not any fun. As a kid you someone imagine your parents relishing in punishing you, that they are doing high 5's and having a grand ol' time. Well for all the parents out there you know how miserable it is and how very hard it is. In some ways it is so much easier just not to care and to let things go. Everyone is happy and what is the harm....assuming nothing was illegal or harmful to others. Enough said...but I am heavy hearted today.

Any my last ramdonm comment.....I wish I had not worked on my laptop this morning while eating toast and honey. My keyboard is very sticky, all I need is for the ants to move in and jam the keys.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Rocky is doing better. Sorry about the parenting trauma. Hang in there. The new bike looks sweet!

    ReplyDelete